Apply for benefits at

Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)

Who is it for?

RCA is a cash assistance program for refugees who are not otherwise eligible for any other cash aid.  RCA also includes employment and other social services to assist a refugee in becoming self-sufficient.

The population that could be eligible for the RCA encompasses all of the following groups: Refugees, Asylees, Cuban and Haitian entrants, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, Afghan and Ukrainian Parolees, Americans, and Certified Victims of human trafficking.
RCA is available for up to 12 months from the date of admission to the U.S. in qualifying status, date of final grant of asylum, or date of certification by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) as Victim of Trafficking.

The Cuban and Haitian Entrant Cash Assistance (ECA) is also a 12-month, federally funded, needs-based cash assistance program for qualified Cuban and Haitian who have a current or expired parole, who are in pending removal proceedings, or who have a pending application for asylum are Cuban/Haitian Entrants and thus are eligible for ORR benefits and services, same as a refugee. The program mirrors the Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) program.

Victims of human trafficking may be eligible for additional services before they have a certification by the Office of Trafficking in Persons (OTIP) as Victim of Trafficking. Visit the TCVAP webpage to find out more.

How to Apply:

You may apply online at (Select Cash Aid), in person at our main office or any of our outstation offices, by phone at (209) 754-6448 or fax at (209) 754-9049.  

You may call our office at (209) 754-6448 if you have questions or need assistance.