Children’s Services is commonly known as “Child Welfare Services” or “Child Protective Services”. There are three main functions of Calaveras County Children’s Services social workers: Emergency Response, Continuing and Adoptions.
Children’s Services is charged with protecting the safety and well-being of all children in the community. Children’s Services investigates all reports of concern of child abuse or neglect. When a family becomes involved with Children’s Services, they may work with several social workers. Different services will be offered depending upon the needs of each family.
Services provided by Calaveras County Children’s Services:
- Emergency Response
- Family Reunification
- Permanency Planning
- Family Maintenance
- Independent Living (ILP)
We believe every child in Calaveras County is entitled to live in a safe, healthy and nurturing environment. As service providers we strive to:
- Provide safety and stability for children at risk of abuse and neglect
- Care for child victims of abuse and neglect
- Work jointly with service providers to strengthen and preserve families
- Collaborate with foster parents and other care providers to ensure safe, stable placements for children
- Establish permanent homes for children who cannot return home
- Actively participate in community activities and organizations focused on the prevention of child maltreatment
To report child abuse please contact: (209)754-6448 or (209)754-6452
Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
To report afterhours and weekends contact the Calaveras County Sheriff Office (209)754-6500.